Name: Castillo Monteagudo
Nationality : espagnole
Place: Bas-fonds de la Carballosa (Arou)
The Castillo Monteagudo was part of the Vigo company Vicente Suárez. It was coming from Cardiff when it collided with the Carballosa shallows due to fog in the second half of September 1951.
The inhabitants of Arou watched in amazement as the boat headed for the sandbanks around As Lobeiras.
After the inevitable collision, the captain ordered the ship to reverse, managing to free it, with the hull damaged. A controlled beaching was necessary on the Curro beach, where after a week’s work it was saved from perishing on the spot. It was necessary to free it of part of its cargo, abandoned on the beach. The inhabitants of the area had a supply of coal for more than a year.